Thursday, June 23, 2011

G-d works in mysterious ways...

Early one evening (January 11th, 2010) I was meeting a friend at Union Station (train station) in downtown Chicago, Illinois. His train arrived at 7:24pm and we were speaking to each other over our mobile phones trying to locate one another.

We couldn’t find each other in the vast expanses of the station and we were both standing at an escalator…he at the top of one, and me at the bottom of one.

I traveled up the escalator, but he wasn’t there; wrong escalator, but a 2-3 year old girl was, and she was screaming. She was stuck in the escalator. No one was able to help her, but I jumped over her and her mother and a man trying to get her out and I found a red button, pushed it and stopped the escalator.

I then went for help. I found my friend not long after that at a different escalator and I thought…G-d wanted me at that escalator to stop it, and I did.

I remember that I felt very confused. I couldn't seem to find my friend. I kept going in circles. I think G-d confused me on purpose so I would go up the wrong escalator and find the girl.

The mother was praying for a button. I found it and pushed it. I feel really awsome that G-d allowed me to do this; to allow me to be the one to help a family in distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment