Thursday, June 23, 2011

Premonition or Bad Dream ?

I was riding with my wife in the back seat of our friend’s sedan. I have no idea who these friends were; just a man and woman. It was dark outside; clear skies and summery; and I starred comfortably as Chicago’s South Side skittered past our windows.


Kaboom…I instinctively threw my head into my lap and shielded my face with open palms. A brilliant, poker-hot light invaded everything inside and out. And then, after a flicker of reality broke through my reaction, I reached over to my wife’s shoulder and pulled her close to me; under me; and as the car slowed to a stop, we sat up.

I turned around and looked out the rear window. I didn’t see anything…not a thing. Then my memory nudged me a bit. I remembered…I…I remember it. I saw it! I grabbed the back of the drivers chair and pulled myself forward to the edge of my seat. “Drive,” I commanded in a panicked voice.

Still holding onto the back of the driver’s seat, I drifted inward; into memory; and I saw the explosion in the sky; something came into our atmosphere $%#$%^@#%&^^%

[I woke up]

[After drifting back to sleep…]

My wife and I were riding in the back seat of a sedan driven by characters from the television sitcom Scrubs: Doctor Perry Cox and his wife Jordan. We were traveling along a country road when I remembered the explosion in the sky that I endured recently (not realizing I was in a dream state, or that the prior incident occurred in a dream state).

It was broad daylight as I ducked low in the car to see high out of the front windshield and the moon was shining; in broad daylight; on a massive scale; too massive…it was too close. I couldn’t accept what I was seeing. My eyes traversed the highly defined lunar surface that seemed to hover a quarter of its normal distance from the Earth. Then I saw dust fall from the moon.

It looked bitten. The lower half of the moon was missing. The bottom of the moon fell out. As my gaze floated downward I saw an enormous slice of the moon falling towards the Earth; or past it…I wasn’t sure. My heart began to race as I realized that time must have seized and as I pulled out of my displacement, everything around me started to pick-up.

I heard the voices of the other passengers…they saw it too. And then in front of us; out of nowhere; a small sheet of moon dust slammed into the Earth in front of us, and over a hill that skewed our vision. Perry slammed on the brakes and as we screeched to a halt and began reversing, the blast raised a mile high over our heads.

We kept reversing as these tidal waves ripple effect came towards us lifting dirt, brick, stone, and road; higher and higher and higher in front of us. “We’re smaller than them” I screamed at Perry as a pick-up was thrown into the air in front of us. I have no idea what that meant, but we continued in reverse ^%$%^#%^$%^^&%&%^$$*%^$&*^$%

[I woke up]


What?  Seriously now...?  Why can't I dream about cheeseburger planets, pizza UFO's and bacon aliens?  Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment